Last Updated: September 24, 2018
- Personal Information We Collect. “Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. Personal information we collect may include your name, phone number, mailing address and e-mail address. For example, when you use the “Contact us” form on the Site or request a quote from us on the Site, we collect any personal information you submit, such as your name, organization, phone number, e-mail address and other details that you submit to us. We may use links throughout the Site to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via e-mail to ask questions, request information and materials, or provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of our representatives contact you personally to provide additional information about our Site or services. To do so, we may request additional personal information from you, such as your name, email address and telephone number, to help us satisfy your question or request.
- Cookies; Traffic Data. Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, we, as well as our service providers, may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used. We refer to this information as traffic data. Traffic data may include browser type, device type used to access the Site (i.e., computer or mobile device), unique number assigned to identify such device, operating system, application version, click path taken through the Site, your use of features or applications on the Site, and other publicly available information. This information helps us improve and customize the Site and services. Traffic data is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
Technologies we use on the Site to collect traffic data may include cookies (data files placed on your computer or other devices used to access the Site), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an e-mail, which indicates that a page or e-mail has been viewed). We may utilize a short-lived form of cookie when you visit the Site. A cookie is used to identify one unique visitor from another visitor during a particular session. A session is the period of active Site-use while that unique visitor is linked to our server. We may use cookie technology during a session as a tool to carry forward your input information. This enables the visitor to input their information once and have the information appear later. No personal information is stored on the cookie. A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your computer or other devices used to access the Site for security purposes, to facilitate Site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting the Site.
To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on the Site may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
- Location Information and Advertising. We may also receive or infer information about your location from a variety of sources. For example, we may use your IP address to identify your general location or we may receive more precise location from your mobile device. We use location data to analyze certain information, and to improve our Site and the relevance of our advertising.
- Do Not Track Requests; Third Party Tracking. Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as traffic data as described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part. Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior to and after visiting the Site. Please note, however, that we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
- How We Use Information We Collect. We collect and use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to respond to your questions or requests, to provide the services that you request, to communicate with you about our Site or services, and to do all things necessary to administer the Site and our services, and manage, protect and improve them. As we mentioned above, we also use the traffic data we collect to improve our Site and services and to customize your experience.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation of our business. We reserve the right to disclose any personal information as needed if that information is requested by law enforcement agencies or if we are required to do so by law, treaty, regulation, subpoena, court order, or by a government entity. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to conduct investigations of possible breaches of law, to cooperate in any legal investigation, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating any agreement with us.
- Opt-Out; Changes in Personal Information. If you need to correct, update, delete or deactivate your personal information, please contact us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to SOLID Surface Care, Inc. Attn: Website Admin 3820 Rose Lake Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina 28217. If you receive any promotional e-mail communication from us, you will be given the option to “unsubscribe” from receiving further e-mail communications from us at any time. Your option not to receive promotional and marketing material will not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing or past business relationships with us, and will not preclude us from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Site and our services.
- The Site is not intended for use by children in the United States under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Children under the age of majority in any jurisdiction outside of the United States should not provide any personal information without their parent’s consent.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship what types of personal information, if any, the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. We do not currently share any personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such parties. If you have any questions, comments or requested related to this Section, please contact us by e-mail at support at solidcare.com. A number of states are currently considering enacting laws similar to the California law above. If you are a resident of a state that enacts such a law, please use the contact information above to contact us with any questions, requests or comments.